Sunday, July 3, 2011

Today it was a Robin

So this morning I am sitting outside with my coffee (ok, my cup of vanilla creamer with a splash of coffee), enjoying the morning air, the squirrels dancing (more like fighting)in the trees, and a faint breeze, when all of the sudden I have a little red robin hopping around my feet.   Unusual again because most of the birds are gone because of the fire, but also because they are never this friendly when they are here. 

Birds kinda freak me out so I tried to shoo it away, but it wouldn't budge.  It wouldn't leave me alone-hopped around my chair, stopped to look at me, tilted its head when I talked to it, etc........ok, better pay attention then.  So I enjoyed its company for 10 minutes or so. We had a good conversation and I took the time to notice how beautiful my little friend was.  Then we said goodbye, and it hopped on down the path.

Another gift from my friend? Maybe.  Maybe just a gift from nature.  Either way, I'll take it.  The robin is a symbol of  Joy, Hope, Clarity, Renewal, Simplicity, Happiness, Contentment, and New Beginnings.  My first moment of joy came early today....thanks SS, thanks little robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment