Sunday, June 12, 2011

Where it Started

I would like to say it started with the fire, but that wouldn't be entirely accurate.  It started before that, the constant belly full of anxiety, the feeling like I wasn't in the right skin, feeling like I had taken a wrong turn off the path.  The fire just made me realize that I was surrounded by stuff that doesn't matter to me, stuff (and people) who were not feeding my spirit.  This realization started my trek to (re) discover who I want to be when I grow up, what I need to flourish and be joyful, and I thought it might be fun keep a journal of my journey.


First order of business....engage in art again.  I am an artist.  An artist who does not create becomes a sad artist.  I also have decided my new art is not for sale.  An artist who creates only what people want to buy, not the art in her heart is also a sad artist.  So, let the creativity flow....I want to do messy, silly, colorful art.

Second order of business....stop giving a shit what other people think of me.  What they think of me has very little to do with who I am and more to do with their baggage.

Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you" M. Williamson.....words I live by.

Third order of business.....assemble my tribe.  "The She's" as I like to call them-the women who give me a sense of belonging and unconditional love......taking applications.  Could be the most challenging order of business.

Fourth order of business......daily practice of my spirituality.  Whether it is through reading, art, exercising, mediation, etc.  Do something daily that feeds my spirit.

I am planning for this journey......the excavation of Miss Pailsey (me) to take some time.  You are welcome to come along for the ride......

No comments:

Post a Comment