Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Integrity


Living with integrity means: Not settling for less than what you know you deserve in your relationships. Asking for what you want & need from others. Speaking your truth, even though it might create conflict or tension. Behaving in ways that are in harmony with your personal values. Making choices based on what you believe, & not what others believe.  -Barbara De Angelis

Integrity is a word I have been mulling over a lot lately and I have decided that I like this definition best.  Having said that, I have come to realize that I have thrown myself  and my integrity under the bus a lot.  Other times, people or circumstances have shamed the integrity out of me when I have dared to speak my truth.  I have even accepted someone elses opinion that I am not worthy of love or God.....and saw the world through those glasses for a long time.

Today, I am wearing a new set of glasses (my awesome gypsy, hippie, goddess glasses) and living with integrity.....and driving the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment