Monday, June 20, 2011

Today I am Mourning

Through the days of the evacuation of Alpine I have worked really hard to be in a place of gratitude-there is much to be grateful for, for sure-including being able to come back home.  But today, I looked out my window to one of my favorite spots, as I do every morning, and see blackened burned trees. They are everywhere, there is no escaping their presence.  Our little town is surrounded by the blackness.  So much of the beauty that has brought me peace and solice here is gone.  I can feel the aching of the mountains and the aching of the people who live here, so today I am going to lean into it and let myself mourn the tremendous loss that is all around me.  Just today.  Tomorrow I will pull myself up out of the ash and be grateful again.

No comments:

Post a Comment