Friday, September 21, 2012
Lessons from the Oregon Coast
An unexpected trip to the Oregon Coast has also brought some unexpected lessons/revelations today.
1. From the drive: Pay attention. If you dont you miss the beauty that is under your nose.
2. From the ocean: My soul needs the ocean. I can't go 9 months without my feet in the sand again. It's not healthy for me or the people I love who have to deal with me.
3. From the sand dollars that were everywhere: You can only see the beauty of the broken sand dollars when you stop comparing them to the whole/perfect ones.
4. From the drift wood: Sometimes the rough seas are there to soften your edges.
5. From the slow to emerge sun: The dark skies are temporary.
6. From a friend: Forgiveness, whether giving or receiving-is a gift.
7. From the hotel desk clerk: Joy is contagious.
8. From a sunset: Sometimes you just have to stop thinking and doing so much. Be still and soak it up.
9. From the day: Sometimes the best days are the ones where there is no plan. Go with the flow.