Friday, July 27, 2012

Worthiness

Its been a challenging week.  RAW is the only word that comes to mind.  All of the things I have avoided feeling for the last year have begun to seep out of my skin and my usual ways of holding them at bay are failing me....so I have no choice but to lean in and hope I come out on the other side.  It's been rough, really rough. I feel weak, vulnerable, flawed, and of course UNWORTHY to be loved right now.  I hate it.  I hate that when I am less than my best self I always end up there-on unworthiness island.   I  retreat, isolate, avoid until I deem myself ACCEPTABLE again.  Thankfully, I have a few people in my life who find me acceptable when I don't.  They love me anyway-even all the ugly parts, the unrealistic expectations, even when I don't want to be loved.  One of the beautiful women in my tribe sent me this quote with a sweet note reminding me that my worthiness to be loved is a birthright. No one on the planet is unworthy of love.  Thank you sister for your WISDOM....and your LOVE.  This  quote will be my mantra in the coming weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment