Sunday, November 17, 2013

Lessons Learned From the Past Year and Moving Forward


I have spent the last few weeks looking for the lessons in the events of the past year and.trying to be grateful for those lessons.  No doubt it has been a difficult time this last month as the story of Mark's infidelity and deciet unfolded, but I am in a good place now, looking toward my future rather than back at every detail of the betrayal.  Life is just too precious to waste one minute, hour or day reliving a painful past.  Most days I feel strong and ready to face the future, the dark days are fewer and fewer.

So the lessons are simple PAY ATTENTION and TRUST MYSELF.  That's it.  Turns out I had stopped paying attention to so many things over the past year- most importantly, I had stopped paying attention to my INTUITION. There were times when I actually felt like the other woman, when I ignored knowing I was being lied to, ignored when my gut was telling me something was wrong.  I had also stopped paying attention to my needs, my passions, my hopes and dreams.  I have spent some time going deep to figure out what all of that is again.  I am making it a point to slow down and pay attention-whether it is to my thoughts and feelings, the people I pass on the street, or the beautiful landscape around me....I am just paying attention. Trusting myself, the journey, the universe, other people-that has been a little more challenging but I'm getting there....it will come, I am sure of it..

Moving forward I have decided to say YES to everything that comes my way...even if its scary.  Not just YES but HELL YES.  I am excited for the new year and all of the opportunities that are on the horizon...I am going to be 50 next year and plan on RAISING HELL.  I have started working on my vision board for 2014 and it looks like it is going to be EPIC.  I am committed to living WHOLEHEARTEDLY still and accepting the price of vulnerability that come with that.

As is my tradition I always choose a word or two to use as my theme for the new year......can you guess what 2014's is going to be"

HELL YES!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Heidi,
    I am sorry to read all that you have been through. I am so happy to read about your attitude and outlook on 2014. Thank so much for signing up for Vision Board the E-Course. I hope that you are gaining all good things from it. Blessings to you, Briana

    ReplyDelete